Working as a Team for Success!
As part of the MDGFOA Membership Benefits package, we provide our members with additional educational and networking opportunities through our Affinity Groups.
Our Affinity Group meetings will be posted online as well as promoted to our Members electronically.
Please join us!
Affinity Groups are a Benefit of Active Membership. Please acquire your membership to have access to registering for our Affinity Group Meetings.
The MDGFOA Tax Affinity Group is designed for Maryland government professionals that collect taxes. The focus of the Group includes the following subject matters:
- Discussion of State and Local laws that affect the collection and application of property taxes
- Discussion of State and Local laws that deal with the application of property tax credits
- Interaction with the State Department of Assessments of Taxation on property tax related matters
- Discussion of technological methods that improve the efficiency of billing and collecting property taxes
- Interaction with one of the Maryland Association of Counties (MaCo) representatives on subject matters before, during and after the State Legislative session that may have an impact on local jurisdictions
- Roundtable discussion of property tax sale and mass payment servicing
Presentation recording can be found here.
The MDGFOA Debt Affinity Group is designed for Maryland government professionals that issue and manage debt. The focus of the Group includes the following subject matters:
- Policies and procedures for issuing debt and overall debt management.
- Provide innovative tools, techniques, and trends to assist members when issuing and managing debt programs.
- Discusses debt instruments, the relationships between internal and external parties.
- Remain current on changes to rating evaluation criteria and disclosure requirements.
- Offer updates on the changing regulatory landscape.
- Discuss other relevant debt and market subject matters as they occur.
The Group meets once in the fall and the spring at the MDOT HQ building in Hanover, MD.
Treasury Management and Investment Group
The MDGFOA Treasury Management and Investment Affinity Group is designed for Maryland government professionals that work with or have an interest in treasury management and investments. The focus of the Group includes the following subject matters:
- Professional development and best practice sharing
- Purposeful networking
- Information about emerging trends
- Provide for open discussion on tools, techniques, and trends to assist members
Remain current on regulatory requirements impacting MDGFOA members