Working as a Team for Success
As part of the MDGFOA Membership Benefits package, we provide our members with additional educational and networking opportunities through our Affinity Groups.
Our Affinity Group meetings will be posted online as well as promoted to our Members electronically.
Please join us!
Affinity Groups are a Benefit of Active Membership. Please acquire your membership to have access to registering for our Affinity Group Meetings.
January 17, 2019
January 17, 2019
44 Calvert Street, Rm 161
10:00 am Introduction
Eric Jackson, Affinity Group Chair
10:15 am Update on E-recording
Barbara Hansman, Special Projects Manager, Judicial Information Systems
11:00am Open Forum
Maryland Safe At Home Address Confidentiality Program
11:35 am Legislative Agenda
Kevin Kinnally, MACo
12:00 noon Adjourn
Tax Collectors Group
The MDGFOA Tax Affinity Group is designed for Maryland government professionals that collect taxes. The focus of the Group includes the following subject matters:
- Discussion of State and Local laws that affect the collection and application of property taxes
- Discussion of State and Local laws that deal with the application of property tax credits
- Interaction with the State Department of Assessments of Taxation on property tax related matters
- Discussion of technological methods that improve the efficiency of billing and collecting property taxes
- Interaction with one of the Maryland Association of Counties (MaCo) representatives on subject matters before, during and after the State Legislative session that may have an impact on local jurisdictions
- Roundtable discussion of property tax sale and mass payment servicing
During the months of October-April the group meets the third Thursday of each month. The location is the Arundel Center in Annapolis, MD.
The MDGFOA Debt Affinity Group is designed for Maryland government professionals that issue and manage debt. The focus of the Group includes the following subject matters:
- Policies and procedures for issuing debt and overall debt management.
- Provide innovative tools, techniques, and trends to assist members when issuing and managing debt programs.
- Discusses debt instruments, the relationships between internal and external parties.
- Remain current on changes to rating evaluation criteria and disclosure requirements.
- Offer updates on the changing regulatory landscape.
- Discuss other relevant debt and market subject matters as they occur.
The Group meets once in the fall and the spring at the MDOT HQ building in Hanover, MD.
Young Professionals Group
The Young Professionals Affinity Group exists to foster and encourage the younger generation of our financial professionals, both students and currently employed fiscal professionals, by giving its members the necessary forums and tools to create the culture, knowledge, and opportunities to both enter a career in government finance as well as continue to succeed in their professional development.