2021 Fall Conference Sessions
- Economic Update – Anirban Basu and the Chamber of Data (1 CPE)
- Speaker: Anirban Basu, Chairman & CEO, Sage Policy Group, Inc.
- Improving Outcomes for Your 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan (1 CPE)
- Speaker: Mike Beczkoski, Senior Consultant, Director of Marketing, Bolton Partners
- Maryland Revenue Update (1 CPE)
- Speaker: David Farkas, Deputy Director, Bureau of Revenue
- Maximizing Benefits of ARPA Funds (2 CPE)
- Speaker: Skip Stitt, Principal, Faegre Drinker
- Speaker: Nick Weber, Director, Faegre Drinker
- Speaker: Robbie Sandlass, Treasurer, Harford County Government
- Speaker: Ted Zaleski, Director, Management and Budget, Carroll County Government
- Speaker: Holly Sun, Budget Director, Howard County Government
- Cyber Security, Risk, and a Summary of Cyber Insurance (1 CPE)
- Speaker: Scott Soderstrom, Director of Underwriting, Local Government Insurance Trust
Tribute to Ed Bianchi
We pay tribute to Edmund A. Bianchi. Ed is no longer with us but we still feel his presence at our conferences. Edmund Bianchi is remembered fondly by all at MDGFOA for his many years of dedicated service. Ed was with Bank of America for over 45 years where his colleagues were met with kindness and humor. Ed was a fixture from the infancy of MDGFOA. His contributions in time, financial support, and otherwise helped the organization to grow where it is today. He served many years on the Board and in other leadership roles throughout the association.
Ed started in the Public Sector Banking at Bank of America. His colleagues reflect, he loved his government banking relationships with his clients. Outside of gathering information to provide and introduce banking services for your jurisdiction he also took the time out to establish a friendship with his clients and there are many. The conversations during his meeting would involve getting to know you and your family as he would also speak of his. At some point though, there would be a conversation about his beloved Orioles and Ravens.
He cherished his daughter and if you knew him, you would also know all about Dr. Kristin Bianchi. He loved to laugh and joke and made work more like spending time with friends.
He will be missed by so many, forever and always.